UMM Helps Society Build PLTMH
Malang- The toil of Sumbermaron society, Karangsuko Village, Pagelaran Subdistrict, Malang Regency, to have independent electricity power will come true soon. This happens after the scientist team from Muhammadiyah University of Malang (UMM) helps do a feasibility study to build Micro Hydro Power Plant (PLTMH) there. Together with Clean Water and Sanitation Management Body (BP SAB&S), UMM does a study and succeeds to get sponsorship from Australian Partnership and World Bank.
Marking the establishment of PLTMH, local people did cornerstone laying ceremony at the construction location on Saturday (10/9). UMM rector, Muhadjir Effendy, got an honor to mark the construction of PLTMH Sumbermaron, followed by Pagelaran subdistrict head, Karangsuko village head, local leading figures, and the dean of UMM's engineering faculty. The project cost Rp.408 million is planned to finish within four months.
The subdistrict head of Pagelaran, Eko Waluyo, is convinced that the assistance from UMM will run well because some PLTMHs which were built by UMM, like the one in Pakis subdistrict, Sukoanyar, still run well. Besides, UMM has PLTMH laboratory at campus that can be used by students and society to learn how to develop alternative energy. "I hope abundant water source in Sumbermaron can be used well. I am grateful if it is also beneficial for people outside Karangsuko village because nowadays other areas suffer from drought," said Eko Waluyo.
By building PLTMH in Sumbersuko, UMM rector hopes that people love environment more and be more grateful to God. UMM is ready to give more help for greenery and street light if the local people need.
“UMM helps build, control, and develop. But I hope people maintain this PLTMH in order that it can last long," said Muhadjir. One way to be grateful is keeping and taking care of environment well.
Technically, the Dean of Engineering Faculty of UMM, Sudarman, explains for the time being the PLTMH produces 35 KWA of electricity power. The electricity will be used to run the machine for irrigation pump and clean water that previously rely on electricity from PLN (State-owned Electricity Company). The average cost spent to pay electricity fee per month is Rp. 8 million, and it is expected to rise to Rp. 20 million. "Hopefully with the success of this PLTMH, we can build PLTMH II for village lighting," he explained.
The secretary of Research Center for New and Renewable Energy Application (P3EBT) of UMM, Suwignyo, states that there are a lot of requests from society to build PLTMH, biogas reactor, and wind and solar power plant. However, UMM cannot serve due to fund and feasibility consideration. Even so, UMM is very grateful because engineering students of UMM are very enthusiastic to help. Through KKN (social action internship) and research, they are ready to help people.
“Actually, our concern is helping to develop alternative development, especially in areas which cannot be reached by PLN or those having potential but unable to manage it yet." said kata Suwignyo.
(trans by hamzah - uhamka)
Tags: pembangkit listrik, umm, PLTMH
Was this article interesting for you?
Give a Comments
- CEO Microsoft Satya Nadella Kunjungi SMP Muhammadiyah 9 Jakarta
- MAM Metro Sabet Juara Umum lomba SIGER V
- Berjuang Selama Enam Tahun, Akhirnya Ponpes Ahmad Dahlan Tegal Gelar Wisuda
- Membiasakan Membaca dapat Pengaruhi Stimulus Kerja Otak Anak
- Minat Budaya Membaca di Indonesia Dipandang Masih Rendah
- Ingin Kenal Muhammadiyah Lebih Dekat, MTs Darul Arqam Garut Silaturahim Ke Yogyakarta
- Indonesia Kembangkan Pendidikan Inklusi
- Muhammadiyah Akan Perkenalkan Sekolah Premium
- Sudah Saatnya Museum Dikenalkan Kepada Anak-Anak
- SD Muhammadiyah Metro Pusat Kembali Raih Juara Robotik
- Buya Syafi’i : Masyarakat Muslim Dilarang Miskin [23/05/16]
- Tawari Konsep Kalender Terpadu, Muhammadiyah Hadiri Kongres Penyatuan Kalender Islam Internasional [25/05/16]
- Berjuang Selama Enam Tahun, Akhirnya Ponpes Ahmad Dahlan Tegal Gelar Wisuda [22/05/16]
- Jelang KNIB 2016, Haedar Nashir: Iqramud Duyuf, Memuliakan Tamu Itu Penting [21/05/16]
- MPR RI Dorong Muhammadiyah Gagas Haluan Negara [23/05/16]